The Colonial Estate Alexander Laing Barossa Grenache 2017
100 YEAR OLD VINE BAROSSA GRENACHE 94 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 100 YEAR OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY GREANCHE
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER RATED 94 POINTS
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RECEIVED 95 POINTS & 4 TIME INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ALEXANDER LAING NOMINATED FOR WINESTATE WINE OF THE YEAR 2016
- OUR BEST OLD VINE GRENACHE ONLY 300 DOZEN PRODUCED
Bright cherry red and purple colour. Focused and highly aromatic nose with cherry, redcurrant and subtle notes on hibiscus and earth. Concentrated rich red berry flavours with red licorice, raspberry touches whilst an almost crunchy feel and a touch of spice adds depth of flavour. The tannins are smooth as silk and carry the wine up until a long and well-balanced fruity finish.
94 Point Rated Wine Showcase Magazine
"Some lovely spiciness to the nose and a good rich fruit palate with good length of soft tannins."
Alexander Laing is sourced from a single 100 year old vineyard in Tanunda, which is dry grown and was planted over a century ago. Hand picked to preserve the old vines and ensure they are not damaged and also to ensure fruit purity we insist on hand picking old vine Grenache. The fruit was crushed and destemmed immediately after the being picked in the cool early hours of the morning. Fermentation on skins using a selected yeast type occurred for 8-9 days at 20-25 degrees to maximise colour and flavour extraction. The oak maturation was critical with this wine and we aged individual parcels in differing oak prior to barrel selection and final blending of only the best quality barrels.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now and over the next decade|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 128.3ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;