The Alfred Heathcote Shiraz 2019
95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING ALFRED HEATHCOTE SHIRAZ UNDER $10 A BOTTLE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.57 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- OUR BEST SELLING HEATHCOTE SHIRAZ EVER UNDER $10 A BOTTLE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE OUTPOINTED $350 A BOTTLE BIRD IN HAND MAC SHIRAZ
- SINGLE VINEYARD HEATHCOTE SHIRAZ
Deep dark black with purple ruby red rim. Opulent nose with berries, olive and sweet spice and subtle earthy undertones. The palate is fleshy with a core of dark berry and blood plum; oak provides a nice side note and velvety tannins and bright acidity give line and structure.
95 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from a single vineyard in the heart of the Heathcote region nestled between the Goulburn Valley and Bendigo regions. The region is famous for one thing and that is creating Shiraz of a quality and character not seen anywhere else in Australia. North of the Great Dividing Range our vineyard has an elevation of 230 metres and the Mt Camel Range influences the climate and our soil. The soil is Cambrian, which is the major factor in creating our wines characters due to the red and deep soil with fantastic water holding capacity. Hand selected fruit was machine picked and de-stemmed prior to crushing and fermentation occurred on skins. We kept each parcel separate from the four separate picks over a 3 weeks period. We used older oak for a 12 month period to allow the true wine and fruit to prevail and the oak influence is therefore secondary and plays a role but is barely noticeable.
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now but will cellar for 5+ years|
- y_2022, m_1, d_21, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.20
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_7
- loc_en_AU, sid_113413, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 234.55ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT