The Alfred Heathcote Shiraz 2017
95 POINT RATED HEATHCOTE SHZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE 9 TIME INTERNATIONAL AWARD WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- OUR BEST SELLING HEATHCOTE SHIRAZ EVER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 9 INTERNATIONAL AWARDS
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE OUTPOINTED $350 A BOTTLE BIRD IN HAND MAC SHIRAZ
- WINE SHOWCASE HAS RATED ALFRED SHIRAZ UP TO 95 POINTS
Deep red with a cherry red hue. Intense all spice and cedar aromas with notes of chocolate and cherries..The palate is fleshy, focused and fragrant. Plum, spice and some white pepper notes are the dominant flavours of the wine, the texture and structure are engaging showing wonderful oak use and obvious well timed picking at optimum ripeness. The tannins are firm yet the wine is round and has a soft mouth feel.
95 Point Rated
Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from a single vineyard the northern end of the Mt Camel range. The region is famous famous for one thing and that is creating Shiraz of a quality and character not seen anywhere else in Australia. North of the Great Dividing Range our vineyard benefits from the Mt Camel Range which influences the climate and our soil. The soil is Cambrian, which is the major factor in creating our wines characters due to the red and deep soil with fantastic water holding capacity. Hand selected fruit was picked and de-stemmed prior to crushing and fermentation on skins. We kept each parcel separate from the four separate picks over a 3 weeks period. We used older oak for a 12 month period to allow the true wine and fruit to prevail over the oak influence. Will drink well now although will age well and develop more complexity over the next 8+ years potentially.
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now but will cellar for many years|
- y_2019, m_10, d_21, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_111316, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 255.08ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT