The Alexander Cameron Limestone Coast Shiraz 2017
SAVE $300 DOZEN LIMESTONE COAST SHZ 93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.36 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINTS RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- LIMITED RELEASE ALEXANDER CAMERON WINES KING OF PENOLA
- SAVE OVER $300 A DOZEN DON'T PAY $35 A BOTTLE
Deep dark black with crimson edge. Powerful and opulent fruit-driven, it has ripe black berry characters with hints of chocolate, alcohol and plums. The palate is fleshy, highlighting the high quality fruit used for this wine. Ripe dark berry characters, which will enable this wine to age well, there is black berry up front with notes of licorice, chocolate and alcohol interwoven across the palate with fine tannins lingering on the finish.
93 Point Rated Wine Showcase Magazine
"Spicy dark berry nose with minty lift. Nicely balanced palate with attractive herbal fruit flavours showing a fleshy palate thats soft in the mouth."
Wine Showcase 2018
The fruit was picked at optimum ripeness and transported to the winery and immediately crushed. Following on from this we fermented the juice on skins for 10-12 days to maximise colour and flavour extraction. The skins were then pressed gently and the pressings pumped back with the free-run juice. The wine was then fermented over a week then allowed to settle and was then racked off lees. The wine under went malolactic fermentation in barrel and then was aged in the same barrels for 12 months. The wine was blended and prepared for bottling with minimal filtration.
Limestone Coast, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 8+ years|
- y_2020, m_3, d_30, h_13
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_8, tr_28
- loc_en_AU, sid_110528, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 262.71ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT