The Alexander Cameron Limestone Coast Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 Dozen
LIMESTONE COAST CABERNET SAUVIGNON PREVIOUS VINTAGE RECEIVED GOLD MEDAL & 94 POINTS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- LAST VINTAGE RECEIVED 94 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNING CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- SOURCED FROM SINGLE VINEYARD IN LIMESTONE COAST REGION
- ALEXANDER CAMERON CAB SAUV HAS BEEN CALLED "DAZZLING"
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 95 POINTS WINE SHOWCASE
Deep inky red in colour. Black currant mint and cedar are the prevailing characters with milk chocolate and pencil shavings common characters in high quality Cabernet Sauvignon from this region. The palate has black cherry and black currants providing the core whilst spearmint, spice and cedar add another layer of depth and complexity. Milk chocolate combines with finely grained tannins to provide a smooth ride and a touch of acid on this finish gives the wine a wonderful final kick.
The fruit was picked at optimum ripeness and transported to the winery and immediately crushed. Following on from this we fermented the juice on skins for 10-12 days to maximise colour and flavour extraction. The skins were then pressed gently and the pressings pumped back with the free-run juice. The wine was then fermented over a week then allowed to settle and was then racked off lees. The wine under went malolactic fermentation in barrel and then was aged in the same barrels for 12 months. The wine was blended and prepared for bottling with minimal filtration.
Limestone Coast, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 226.98ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;