Singlefile Wines Great Southern Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2019
SINGLEFILE CABERNET MERLOT PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS RATED 96 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- SOURCED FROM THE GREAT SOUTHERN REGION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED "BEST OF THE WEST" WINESTATE MAGAZINE
This wine displays bright and lifted aromas of dark berry and bay leaf, and gentle oak support. The wine is effortlessly mouth filling with juicy red fruit flavours balanced with acidity and gentle fine grained tannins which lead to a long finish. It is well suited to red meat dishes such as a roast leg of lamb with garlic and herbs.
This wine is a blend of 79% cabernet sauvignon and 21% merlot
The fruit was picked and sorted in early April 2019. It was cold soaked in small fermenters for five days before undergoing an extended and gentle maceration allowing for the softening of the tannins. Twenty five percent of the wine was matured in new Bordeaux oak barriques. The balance went to one year old and two year old Bordeaux barriques for thirteen months maturation before final blending and bottling in October 2020.
Great Southern, Western Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar long term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 242.72ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;