Sherwood Estate Stratum Waipara Valley Pinot Noir 2020
90 POINTS & 4.5 STAR RATED SAM KIM NEW ZEALAND PINOT NOIR SOURCED FROM WAIPARA VALLEY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 90 POINT RATED & 4.5 STAR RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- FAMILY OWNED SHERWOOD ESTATE ESTABLISHED 1987
- OUR BEST VALUE COOL CLIMATE KIWI PINOT NOIR
- SOURCED FROM WAIPARA VALLEY SUB REGION
A medium-bodied Pinot Noir full of flavour. Oak aging has rounded the ripe flavours to produce a wine that is perfect with meat and cheese dishes or just great to enjoy with friends.
90 Point Rated & 4.5 Star Rated - Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"It's beautifully fruited and lifted on the nose showing dark plum, sweet cherry, subtle spice and almond characters. The palate delivers ripe fruit intensity backed by fine texture and silky tannins, finishing long and very tasty."
Most of the blend is tipped into open-top fermentation tanks for pre ferment soak prior to the fermentation starting naturally with indigenous yeast, another portion is tank fermented with pump over, then a very small portion is kept as whole berries and sealed for carbonic maceration fermentation. Once the fermentations have finished, partial micro-oxygenation is started which helps the wine to remain softer and rounder earlier.
Waipara Valley, New Zealad
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 234.07ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;