Penfolds Max's South Australian Shiraz 2018
PENFOLDS MAX'S SHIRAZ IS A TRIBUTE TO FORMER CHIEF WINEMAKER MAX SCHUBERT
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PENFOLDS MAX'S SHIRAZ IS A TRIBUTE TO FORMER CHIEF WINEMAKER MAX SCHUBERT
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 93 POINTS JAMES HALLIDAY
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY WINE COMPANION
Bright crimson red with a dark purple core. Lifted aromas of dark chocolate, ripe strawberries, black cherries and satsuma plum dominate the fruit spectrum. Exotic baking spices and subtle cedar notes are beautifully interwoven. Classic South Australian shiraz, tempting, full of promise.
The aromatic fruits flow through to the palate … reminiscent of your childhood spiced Christmas cake.
The richness of the forest fruits and red liquorice are tempered by subtle savoury notes of dried thyme and sage. Fine lingering tannins add structure and definition. Beautifully balanced, and instantly accessible.
Penfolds Max’s Shiraz is a tribute to former Chief Winemaker Max Schubert 1948-1975, a legend in Penfolds history. Max’s constant pursuit of excellence paved the way for those who followed in his footsteps and also allowed the status and heritage of Penfolds to grow.
A contemporary offering of South Australian Shiraz, this release provides a fruit-driven wine which is generous in flavour and persistent across the palate.
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 10.03ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;