Oakridge Local Vineyard Series Shiraz 2016
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED CAMPBELL MATTINSON THE WINE FRONT
- HIGHLY RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 97 POINT RATED HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
Vibrant red fruits, spices, a pinch of pepper, and satin-smooth mouthfeel to a very long palate.
93 Point Rated Campbell Mattinson The Wine Front
No shortage of flavour here. This sits squarely at the richer end of the Yarra Valley shiraz spectrum. Its flavours are a mix of red and black berries, roasted nuts, fragrant herbs and cedarwood oak, in the main, though whispers of twigs and woodsmoke help to boost the savoury side. Texture and length are also on the wine’s side. It just needs a few years to really come into its own.
Highly Rated Huon Hooke The Real Review
Good, deep, bright red/purple colour, with a meaty reductive note on the initial aroma. It's medium-bodied, and compact on the palate, elegantly-crafted and firm with graphite-like tannins. The sulfide aroma may put some off. It needs time in the bottle and a good aeration.
70% grown on the west-facing Whitsend and 30% on the north-facing Oakridge Vineyard; open-fermented with a mix of whole berries and whole bunches, then 14 months in French puncheons. Bright, vivid crimson; a prime example of the affinity between the Yarra Valley and shiraz.
Yarra Valley, Victoria
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 9.04ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;