Normans Old Vine Barossa Valley Shiraz 2018
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.14 out of 5 stars.
- INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- OLD VINE BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ UNDER $10
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PRODUCED BY NORMANS WINES ESTABLISHED IN 1853
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
Vivid purple with ruby red hue. Lifted aromas of blackberry fruit are evident initially with milder notes of mulberry and plum fruit overlapping with under lying oak and black pepper. The vineyard source used for this Shiraz blend came together perfectly being sourced from several different blocks each with their own microclimate and individual differing soil types. Medium bodied with vibrant fruit flavours of dark red and black berry while subtle mulberry and cherry hints fill the mid palate. Soft tannins go well with the elegant under lying taste of oak and spice.
Chian Wine & Spirit Awards 2020
The wine was fermented in small stainless steel fermentors to retain concentrated fruit flavours. To complete the fermentation process and maturation the wine went into mostly old oak barrels with a small percentage of new oak for a period of 12 months. This enabled the oak flavour from the barrels to slowly infiltrate the highly concentrated fruit flavour creating a well balanced yet complex tannin structure. Another stunning Barossa vintage with lower yields but high-quality fruit ensuring it was our selected location for this year’s release.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for up to 7 years|
- y_2021, m_1, d_23, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_7
- loc_en_AU, sid_113464, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 230.81ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT