Normans 1853 Museum Release South Australia Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
UNDER HALF PRICE MUSEUM RELEASE COLLECTORS EDITION 1853 CABERNET SAUVIGNON FROM NORMANS WINES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- EXCLUSIVE RELEASE FROM NORMANS PERSONAL CELLARS
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED & MULTIPEL GOLD WINNER
- LIMITED EDITION LAY DOWN CUSTOM SIX PACKS
- UNDER HALF PRICE SAVE $480 A DOZEN
Deep dark crimson red. Wonderfully expressive when allowed to breathe, blackberries and dark cherry notes dominate while cassis, violets, mocha and cedary oak provide some influence. Finely structured wine although has great generosity and still quite rounded with juicy fruit flavours of mulberry and blackberry with hints of cassis, spice and oak all playing key roles. The palate shows elegance and length with fine, well integrated tannins. There is a lot of complexity of flavors yet the over all balance ensures a smooth lush style of wine that drinks well upon release.
The grapes were hand picked in small parcels and kept separate to ensure the best possible flavours were extracted from each parcel. The grapes were fermented in small open top fermenters and hand plunged daily. Once pressed the individual batches were left to mature in a combination of old and new French oak hogsheads. The best barrels were isolated from the rest of the blend for our Chais Clarendon release to be used for our Museum Release Series and spent up to 4 years in barrel before being bottled and aged further before release.
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the next 5 years|
- y_2021, m_4, d_13, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114368, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.73ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT