Mt Difficulty Roaring Meg Central Otago Pinot Noir 2020
ROARING MEG BANNOCKBURN CENTRAL OTAGO PINOT NOIR NEW VINTAGE RELEASE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- SOURCED FROM PREMIER PINOT NOIR REGION CENTRAL OTAGO
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED BOB CAMPBELL MASTER OF WINE
- SOURCED FROM BANNOCKBURN REGION IN CENTRAL OTAGO
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE HIGHLY RATED ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE
Wild raspberry and red cherry characters dominate while soft sweet brown spice characters add in detail. Savoury red cherry notes lead the wine onto the palate; the wine flows with good texture. Fine elegant tannins rise out of the mid-palate and with wild raspberry notes drive the finish alongside fine acidity.
A vintage of variability, contrasts and many different phases of weather through the growing season. A normal to warm start to the season was interrupted by a cold snap and snowfall mid-November. Weather over flowering was patchy, but overall successful. An oddity during summer this year was warmer nights and cooler days. There was a significant amount of early season rainfall, right through to the end of January. Cool and very dry conditions prevailed through February when verasion occurs - slowing the phase of ripening down. The heat and regular rainfall did reappear in March and then finally a very cool and lengthy final ripening phase through April.
Central Otago, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 223.09ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;