McPherson MWC Victorian Pinot Noir 2018
COOL CLIMATE FRUIT DRIVEN VICTORIAN PINOT NOIR PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED WINE SPECTATOR
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINT RATED WINE ENTHUSIAST
- HIGHLY RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PRODUCED BY MCPHERSONS WINES ESTABLISHED 1968
- COOL CLIMATE VICTORIAN PINOT NOIR
The aroma is enticing with intense plum, cherry and strawberry fruit with a hint of spicy oak. The fresh fruit momentum continues on the palate with vibrant plum and dark stone fruits finishing with some firm acid, beautiful tannins and integrated oak.
The grapes for this Pinot Noir were picked from single vineyards located in North Eastern Victoria. Grapes were crushed during the cool of the evening to retain their varietal character, while modern winemaking techniques were employed throughout the winemaking process. Fermentation took place in sweeping arm red fermenters, giving the wine a dense, rich colour and allowing for gentle and maximum flavour extraction.
2018 was a very good year for quality and the season was warm and dry. Intense flavours came in late this year and we held off picking for as long as possible to allow maximum flavour. We were kept on our toes once we started picking as everythingripened up pretty quickly. The whites are all fruit forward, with lovely fresh acidity whilst the reds have excellent colour and flavour to match. This vintage is a beauty and subsequently we have made some cracking wines which will stand the test of time.
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar long term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.17ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;