Lunch Like Its Your Last Barossa Shiraz Nv
SINGLE VINEYARD SHIRAZ SOURCED FROM MOPPA REGION IN BAROSSA
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.56 out of 5 stars.
- TROPHY WINNING & MULTI GOLD MEDAL WINNING WINEMAKER
- SOURCED FROM SINGLE VINEYARD IN MOPPA SUB REGION OF THE BAROSSA
- VINEYARD IS LOCATED NEAR KALIMNA VINEYARD MOTHER VINEYARD OF GRANGE
- ONPREMISE EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT
Deep red-black colour with a dark centre. Seductively perfumed, the bouquet is loaded with spicy plum, blackberry, pepper and chocolate whilst a backbone of vanilla oak provides definition around the core of black fruits. Astonishingly fragrant in the mouth is what first seduces you in; black olive, and black pepper appear first whilst blackberry, cassis, Asian spice almost play a part along with a sweet hit of cherry which is almost boastful with its presence. The finish is admirably restrained at first it features silky tannins and outstanding persistence but the depth of American oak enhances and builds after the first sip and stays with you for near on a minute. The long finish is a legacy of this low yielding vineyard in the northwest Barossa and a trait in particular of the Moppa Sub region.
Sourced from a single vineyard in the north western Barossa sub region of Moppa home to some of Australia’s if not the worlds greatest wines, its only a stone throw from the Kalimna Vineyard in fact which is seen as the mother vineyard of Grange, Australia’s most famous wine. At dawn we picked fruit by hand and are double sorted firstly by bunch then after destemming by grape. Fermentation is conducted in large oak vats followed by malolactic fermentation and ageing in 100 percent new American Hogshead barrels.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 10+ years|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2019, m_10, d_21, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_9
- loc_en_AU, sid_109377, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 278.7ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT