Lou Miranda Estate Old Vine Barossa Valley Grenache 2015
HIGHLY RATED OLD VINE GRENACHE FROM FAMILY OWNED BOUTIQUE WINERY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- FAMILY OWNED BOUTIQUE WINERY, LOU MIRANDA ESTATE - A FAMILY TRADITION SINCE 1939
- OLD VINE GRENACHE FROM NEAR PERFECT HALLIDAY RATED VINTAGE
- LOU MIRANDA WINES HAVE RECEIVED 10 GOLD & 10 SILVER MEDALS AND 38 TIME 90+ POINTERS
- WINERY RATED 5 STARS HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Deep purples with vibrant indigo hue. Red fruits such as strawberry, cherry and plum with lifted violet and lavender florals. The bouquet is perfumed with subtle spice complexity. A smooth and elegant wine with inviting red fruit and blackberry sweetness on the front palate. Some gamey and savoury complexity adds length. Despite the ripe fruit and fleshy mouthfeel on entry, the wine finishes with plump velvety tannins and a lingering spice aftertaste. This wine can be enjoyed with confit duck, or venison.
Highly Rated James Halliday Wine Companion 2018
"Hand-picked, open-fermented, matured in used oak except for a small portion kept in tank. Traditionally grown, picked and made, with super-sweet flavour and mouthfeel."
The fruit is carefully selected and hand-picked from Old Barossa Valley vines, and typify the generous varietal characters of the Barossa. Only small open fermenters and gentle handling of the fruit are used to process the grapes to ensure quality from vine to bottle. The best seasoned oak is used to preserve primary fruit flavour. A small portion is un-oaked to enhance vibrancy.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar long term|
- y_2019, m_1, d_18, h_24
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.9
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_108364, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 128.41ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT