Limb Vineyards Home Block Seppeltsfield Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
SINGLE VINEYARD BAROSSA SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE WON 4 GOLD & WAS RATED 93 POINTS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.33 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL TRIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- SOURCED FROM SINGLE VINEYARD IN WESTERN BAROSSA
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE
- PRODUCED BY FORMER ST HUGO WINEMAKER IVAN LIMB
- WINEMAKER OF ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S BEST EVER REDS! 5 TROPHIES, 26 GOLDS, 20 SILVER & 18 BRONZE
Traditional style Barossa Shiraz, the nose displays abundant fruit with layers of plush dark cherry, black currant and a lovely earth character balanced by integrated French oak.
A full-bodied Barossa Shiraz highlighting why I feel the Western Barossa Valley produces the best fruit. It’s a big chunky old style with amazing tannins that are supported by dark fruits and balanced acidity. Notes of Cherry, licorice and white pepper adds complexity while the balance of fruit intensity and oak provide this wine with great line and length.
After the cold and rainy winter period in 2016 the Barossa had a spring which is one of the wettest on record. This set up a perfect 2017 crop and the mild weather pattern we encountered through veraison was ideal with top up rain fall during early 2017. The dry Indian summer finished off the growing season creating wonderful ripening conditions. The fruit was crushed, de-stemmed and left on skins in open top fermenters for 8-10 days. A slow ferment then occurred with temperatures ranging from 15-18C, the wine had open pump-overs and hand plunging to ensure fruit intensity. Once fermentation was completed the wine was pressed into old French barrels that were re-shaved just for this wine. The wine spent 24 months in oak to mature until I felt the time was right to bottle. Final barrel selection ensured only the best of the best wine made it into the final blend before bottling with minimal fining or filtration.
Seppeltsfield, Barossa Valley
|Cellaring:||Drink now or over next 10 years plus|
- y_2020, m_8, d_4, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_112649, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 63.77ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT