Gaelic Cemetery Vineyard Clare Valley Cabernet Malbec 2014
97 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY MUSEUM RELEASE CLARE VALLEY CABERNET MALBEC
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 97 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY
- SPECIAL VALUE BUY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- MUSEUM STOCK EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE
- SMALL BATCH CLARE VALLEY CABERNET MALBEC
Cabernet and Malbec have long been great blending partners in the Clare Valley with many fine examples being produced over the years. Deep red colour as is the norm with the red wines from the Gaelic Cemetery Vineyard.
97 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"A brilliant red. Deep, complex, tannic and long. Cork (and storage) permitting it will enjoy an extremely long and fruitful life. It tastes of earth, blackcurrant, cloves, milk chocolate and mint, perhaps even a slip of licorice too. It jumps with flavour right upfront and holds the power throughout. A dry, ropey, sustained finish seals the deal."
This wine displays intense blackcurrant / mulberry fruit aromas along with some mocha and chocolate notes. Quite concentrated on the palate, but manages to retain a degree of elegance that we expect to see in Cabernet based wines. It will take decade or so to reveal its undoubted potential.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar long term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 254.37ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;