Finca Constancia Altozano Tempranillo 2018
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- HIGHLY RATED BOB CAMPBELL MASTER OF WINE
- PREV VINTAGE ALTOZANO TEMPRANILLO WON GOLD MEDAL AT SAKURA AWARDS
- SINGLE VINEYARD SPANISH TEMPRANILLO
- 185 YEAR OLD WINERY ESTABLISHED IN 1835
An explosion of aromas of red fruits, vanilla and toffee underpins the character and personality of this 100% Tempranillo. Its intense violet colour is striking, whilst the aromas are reflected on the palate, with an exquisite balance of ripe jammy fruit and chocolatey tannins from the wood a smooth, pleasant wine.
Highly Rated The Real Review
Well-made, budget priced tempranillo in a rather New World style, with pronounced and slightly jammy berry fruit, violet and liquorice flavours.
The grapes were harvested during the night to protect them from September’s high daytime temperatures. Upon arrival at the winery they were macerated, cold, prior to fermentation, spending five days in contact with their marc to ensure that as much of the fruit aromas as possible were retained and the maximum colour was extracted. After undergoing alcoholic and malolactic fermentation the wines personality was fine- tuned through three months ageing in French and American oak barrels.
Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 6.47ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;