Farnese Fantini Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2018
PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL & MULTI AWARD WINNING RED FROM BEST PRODUCER OF ITALY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTI AWARD WINNING ITALIAN RED
- PRODUCER RATED "BEST PRODUCER OF ITALY" IN 2016, 2017, 2019 BY LUCA MARONI
- WINE OF THE YEAR WINNER FOR 9 CONSECUTIVE YEARS
Ruby red with garnet reflections, the bouquet is fruity and quite persistent, reminiscent of red fruits, marasca cherries, and plums with vanilla nuances. Full-bodied on the palate, with good balance and firm tannin's. Immediately appealing and versatile.
The Farnese group owns Gran Sasso, Vesevo, Zabù, Vigneti del Salento, Vigneti del Vulture, Cantina di Diomede and Tufarello, among others, but this is their flagship winery. Alberto Antonini oversees production, ensuring that these wines offer great quality, varietal character and value. Their elegant and striking packaging makes them stand out on the shelf or table.
The vineyards are situated around the towns of Ortona, San Salvo and Pollutri on the Adriatic coast of the Abruzzo region. Facing south east, vines are planted on a mix of clay and limestone soils and are trained on both Guyot and Pergola systems. Once the grapes were received at the winery, they were gently crushed and destemmed. The grapes then underwent a cold maceration for four days. Fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 24-26°C for 8-10 days. This wine received no oak ageing to preserve the vibrancy of the fruit.
|Grape Variety:||Red Blend|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.63ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;