Elmslie Tamar Valley Tasmanian Pinot Noir 2011
HANDCRAFTED COOL CLIMATE PINOT BY ONE OF TASMANIA'S OLDEST WINERIES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.26 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES RATED UP TO 94 POINTS HALLIDAY
- HANDCRAFTED COOL CLIMATE TAMAR VALLEY PINOT NOIR
- PRODUCED BY ONE OF TASMANIA'S OLDEST WINERIES
- FIVE STAR CUSTOMER RATED HANDCRAFTED COOL CLIMATE PINOT
Vibrant ruby red with compelling aromas of raspberry, cherry and a hit of chocolate. Subtle use of oak adds depth and velvety tannins to this wine. A long, smooth palate with a sharp, peppery finish. Enjoy now or cellar to improve the incredible characteristics of this beautiful, handcrafted wine.
Established in 1972, Elmslie is one of the oldest vineyards on the western side of the Tamar Valley. Positioned high above the Tamar River, the view from the vineyard slopes is magnificent. From 1974 to 1977, 1.5 hectares of Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon were planted. These mature vines are still producing quality fruit and, together with more recent plantings of Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Shiraz, the vineyard covers an area of over 4 hectares. Elmslie is a family owned and operated boutique vineyard and winery consistently producing premium, award winning, cool climate wines. Our vines are hand pruned and picked with the fruit virtually going from the vine to the bottle, as it does not need to leave the property. We're keen to share our wines with others as they have very unique, 'fruit bomb' characteristics synonymous with the Tamar Valley region in Tasmania.
Tamar Valley, Tasmania
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or reward with careful mid to long term|
- y_2020, m_4, d_6, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_23, tr_156
- loc_en_AU, sid_9023, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 261.9ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT