Clarendon Hills Liandra Mourvedre 2013
95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY 91 POINT RATED ROBERT PARKER MUSEUM RELEASE CLARENDON HILLS LIANDRA MOURVEDRE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 91 POINT RATED ROBERT PARKER WINE ADVOCATE
- "ONE OF PLANET EARTH'S GREATEST WINEMAKERS" ROBERT PARKER
- SAVE $360 A DOZEN AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE ON MUSEUM RELEASE CLARENDON HILLS
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY WINE COMPANION
Deep ruby crimson, some light purpling. A polished face is accented by lavender and violets which really contrast the focused background of coco and creamy blueberry. The evolving, nuanced aroma amalgamates dried stone fruit, white pepper, sarsaparilla, kirsch liqueur, Cherry-Ripe bars, roses, fresh cut mulberry, blackcurrant and fresh tobacco. It leaves you searching for the limit on this pure and elegant example. Acidity, extract and fruit purity are showcased in this layered and multi-dimensional example. The fruit vibrancy will be best enjoyed in the first 12 years of its life and will become increasingly savoury profiled as it comfortably marches on for another 10+.
95 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"Dark, dense red with the blackest of black fruits, inky, deep and impenetrable, lashings of texture and extract completing the picture. Despite its size, it manages to remain balanced, and finishes long and intensely."
91 Point Rated - Lisa Perrotti-Brown Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"The 2013 Liandra Mourvedre (the last year this cuvée was made) features plenty of amaro-like spice layered over red berry flavors. It's full-bodied and structured but not ungenerous, with a plump mid-palate and ample concentration. It should be ready to drink in just a couple more years."
Clarendon Hills are vineyard and varietal expressionists who strive for purity and perfection and seek to portray the story of the individual vineyard 'Terroir' within their wines. Clarendon Hills’ collection of the old vine vineyards in sub-regions of McLaren Vale assists in defining their international pedigree for making world class wines that rate extremely highly among the international press.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2021, m_5, d_16, h_18
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.15
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114100, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 211.58ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT