Clarendon Hills Bakers Gully Syrah 2009
91 POINT RATED ROBERT PARKER BAKERS GULLY SYRAH PRODUCED BY ROMAN BRATASIUK "ONE OF PLANET EARTH'S GREATEST WINEMAKERS"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- ICONIC CLARENDON HILLS BAKERS GULLY SINGLE VINEYARD SYRAH
- 91 POINT RATED ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE
- PRODUCED BY ROMAN BRATASIUK "ONE OF PLANET EARTH'S GREATEST WINEMAKERS"
- HALF PRICE CLEARANCE AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE ON CLARENDON HILLS
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Totally opaque black colour with deep black crimson red hue. Intense aromas of ripe dark plum and blackberry are to the fore followed by a hint of liquorice and cedar. The palate possesses great generosity with ripe, decadent fruit flavours of dark plum, blackberry and liquorice followed by some cedar and spice. Plushly textured with velvety tannins. Superb depth with long rich aftertaste of dark plum, blackberry, liquorice and spice.
91 Point Rated - Lisa Perrotti-Brown Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2009 Bakers Gully Vineyard Syrah offers notes of warmed mulberries and blueberries, prunes and hung meat with touches of tree bark, dried Mediterranean herbs and black olives. Nicely balanced in the mouth, this full bodied Syrah is well structured with crisp acid and a medium to firm level of rounded tannins going into the long and savory / dried fruit finish. Approachable now, it should drink best 2012 to 2020+. "
2009 is one such vintage with all varietals showing outstanding form and mid to long term cellaring potential. All the Clarendon Hills wines are sourced from single vineyard sites from vines mostly around 85 years old. Wild ferments and zero fining or filtration are the norm. Bratasuik's sons, Adam and Alex, have now joined the operation. An opulent Clarendon Hills expression.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.35ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;