Clare Hills Clare Valley Tempranillo Rose 2018 By Neil Pike
PREMIUM TEMP ROSE FROM ONE OF AUST'S MOST DECORATED CLARE VALLEY WINEMAKERS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.93 out of 5 stars.
- NEW RELEASE TEMPRANILLO ROSE
- FROM THE KING OF CLARE VALLEY NEIL PIKE
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY BY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PRODUCER OF TROPHY WINNING RIESLING RATED 97 POINTS HALLIDAY
- NOMINATED FOR GOURMET WINE TRAVELLER, WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR
Pale copper pink – very attractive. Bright, fresh red fruits in abundance here with cranberry-like aromas being the main driver. The palate is light, fresh and zingy finishing soft and clean. Ideal to pair with your favourite Indian Chicken curry.
The 2018 vintage was shaped by a typically cool winter and spring, but with below average rainfall. Timing of budburst and flowering were pretty much normal and harvest ultimately commenced for us on 14th February. The fruit for this wine was harvested in mid March. We experienced above average temperatures during January, but February and March were quite mild with no extended periods of heat. Virtually no rain fell in either month.
The fruit for this wine was both machine and hand harvested, then transported to the winery, crushed, chilled and pressed as soon as possible prior to the juice being clarified by cold settling. It was then inoculated with a neutral, pure yeast culture and fermentation carried out in stainless steel, temperature controlled tanks for on average 25-30 days. The wine was stabilized and then filtered prior to bottling in July 2018.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or for next few years|
- y_2020, m_8, d_9, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_12
- loc_en_AU, sid_110552, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 274.14ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT