Clare Hills Clare Valley Cabernet Merlot 2018 By Pikes
CLARE VALLEY CABERNET MERLOT FROM CLARE WINEMAKING FAMILY "PIKES WINES"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- MADE BY LEGENDARY CLARE HILLS WINEMAKING FAMILY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE HIGHLY RATED CABERNET MERLOT BLEND JAMES HALLIDAY
- 5 RED STAR JAMES HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
- MULTIPLE TROPHY & GOLD MEDAL WINNING PRODUCER
Medium to deep red colour with enticing aromas of cassis, black cherries, tobacco initially followed by hints of cedary oak and mint. The medium bodied palate is rich and quite supple with good concentration of dark fruit mentioned above plus little of the cedar. Perfect with a salumi plate and some pecorino cheese.
The grapes for this wine were machine harvested, transported to the winery, de-stemmed into open fermenters and cold soaked for three days before fermentation began. The wine was pumped over twice daily during ferment for approx 7 days and this was followed by draining, pressing and then maturation in French oak casks for 14 months before racking and blending. The wine was stabilised and lightly filtered prior to bottling.
Cabernet 60% Merlot 40%
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Merlot|
|Cellaring:||Drink now and next 4-6 years.|
- y_2020, m_8, d_4, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_112897, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 256.99ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT