Bleasdale Langhorne Crossing Red Blend 2014
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- BEST BUY AND HIGHLY RATED WINE ENTHUSIAST MAGAZINE
- JAMES HALLIDAYS WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR
- “FRUIT-DRIVEN BLEND FINISHES WITH GENTLE TANNINS” - HIGHLY RATED STEPHEN TANZER
- 2018 MAX SCHUBERT TROPHY WINNING WINERY
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED PRODUCERS ESTABLISHED IN 1850
A smooth easy drinking red with vibrant red berry aromas that complement the spicy notes which are apparent on the palate.
Rated Best Buy
Wine Enthusiast Magazine
"This is a soft easy-drinking blend of Cabernet, Shiraz, Malbec and Petit Verdot. Cherry, vanilla and hints of mint mingle easily on the nose and palate, which offers a medium body and a slightly creamy texture. Drink it over the next year or two"
89 Points, Stephen Tanzer
"Bright violet. Highly perfumed blackberry, cherry pit and rose oil scents are lifted by suggestions of smoky minerals and cracked pepper. Smooth and broad on entry, offering juicy black and blue fruit and spice cake flavours, then tightens up slowly on the back half, becoming more tangy with air. This lively, sweet, fruit-driven blend finishes with gentle tannins and good persistence."
During the 1840's, Alfred Langhorne drove his cattle overland to the Adelaide markets and, in the area known as Langhorne Creek, he rested his herds on the rich,fertile floodplains of the creek. In the 1850's, as land was settled, the natural occurrence of the annual winter floods was harnessed and today, 160 years later, this system of banks and floodgates is still used to water the vineyards. The terroir of this alluvial floodplain gives us the complex red wines with soft tannins for which Langhorne Creek is know worldwide.
De-stemmed & crusher to open fermenters. Pumped over up to 4 times daily during peak fermentation. Drain & pressed after 11 to 15 days on skins, settled for 24 hours before racking to oak for MLF.
Langhorne Creek, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now or until 2020|
- y_2019, m_3, d_24, h_23
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.11
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_111086, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 276.96ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT