Bethany First Village Barossa Valley Grenache 2018
OLD VINE GRENACHE FROM VINES UP TO 120 YEARS OLD, BETHANY GRENACHE HAVE RATED 93 POINTS BY HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE OF BETHANY GRENACHE HAVE RATED 93 POINTS HALLIDAY
- SOURCED FROM LOW YIELDING BUSH VINES RAGING FROM 50 TO 120 YEARS OLD
- THE 2017 VINTAGE AWARDED AT ROYAL ADELAIDE WINE SHOW
- ONE OF THE OLDEST ESTABLISHED WINEMAKERS IN THE BAROSSA VALLEY
- 5 RED STAR RATED HALLIDAY WINERY
The love affair for Grenache at Bethany continues with this serious, complex and utterly drinkable wine. A beguiling nose of red fruits and river stones leads you to a palate of dense, chewy fruit and fresh, fine grained tannins that lead to a long and complex finish.
Sourced from low yielding bush vines ranging in age from 50 to 120 years old. Fine structure expressing the varietal red berry fruit characters of Grenache balanced by supple fine grain tannins.
Solid winter and spring rainfall followed by a warm and dry January and February led to a balanced vintage with good fruit intensity and structure. The moments of heat were short and dispersed and did not cause undue stress to the vines which produced a balanced and perfectly matured crops, albeit on the lower than average size which ensured quality remained very high.
Sourced from old vine Grenache plantings around the village of Bethany, the fruit for this wine was carefully hand harvested and then fermented in separate parcels to ensure clarity of vision throughout the fermentation and maturation. Time on skins ranged from 7 days to 3 months with inclusion of whole bunches from 0-20% depending on the parcel. A small proportion underwent 100% carbonic maceration whilst the majority was whole berry to maximise fruit expression. Maturation on fine lees in a combination of 52% seasoned oak, 3% new French oak and the balance in stainless steel for 9 months prior to blending and bottling in Feb 2019.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 246.44ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;