Berton Vineyards Foundstone Merlot 2019
INTERNATIONAL AWARD WINNING BUY ONE GET ONE FREE DEAL FROM BERTON VINEYARDS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.83 out of 5 stars.
- AWARD WINNER SOMMELIER WINE AWARDS LONDON
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 90 POINTS WINE SHOWCASE
- JAMES HALLIDAY CALLED PREVIOUS VITNAGE "CLOSE TO PERFECT"
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE EQUATES TO $5.99 A BOTTLE
- PRODUCER OF WORLDS BEST VALUE WINE TASTING.COM
This Merlot has a deep youthful colour, with expressive aromas of plums, blackberries and violet. The palate has a velvety texture with generous flavours of sour cherries, plums and fragrant herbs with a hint of vanillin oak.
Sommelier Wine Awards London 2020
Our local reds began coming in on 17th March, rather late compared to the past 8-10 years. With the lateness of the vintage, growers found it hard to reach the desired sugar specifications however with the cooler conditions looming, the decision was made to pick on fruit and seed ripeness on a parcel by parcel basis, ensuring the best possible quality was maintained.
Fermented in stainless steel vertical fermenters for 4-6 days at temperatures between 27C and 29C on french untoasted& toasted oak chips. Wine was then pressed at 1 baume via screw press into stainless steel storage tanks and left to ferment until dry, then racked into stainless steel storage vessel with French oak staves and cultured malolactic bacteria. Once secondary fermentation was complete the wine was clarified via centrifuge into stainless steel storage.
South Eastern Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now and for the next 3 years|
- y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_112120, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 238.64ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT