Icon Of Barossa Shiraz Cabernet 2016 Cleanskin
95 POINT GOLD MEDAL ICON TROPHY WINNING WINERY AWARDED WORLDS BEST SHZ CAB
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.17 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT GOLD MEDAL WINNING ICONIC BAROSSA SHIRAZ CABERNET
- TROPHY WINNING WINERY AWARDED WORLDS BEST SHIRAZ CABERNET BLEND
- SOURCED FROM VINEYARDS THAT PROVIDE FRUIT TO PENFOLDS 389 CAB SHIRAZ
- WE CANNOT NAME PRODUCER BUT ITS ONE OF THE BEST IN AUSTRALIA
Vibrant red with purple hues. Lifted and concentrated with bright aromatic red berry fruits, plum and white pepper. Rich flavoursome palate with stylish fruit enhanced by perfectly balanced use of French oak. The acidity and smooth tannins compete yet work in harmony with the flavours to deliver a wine of both power and finesse.
The fruit for this blend was sourced from two vineyards one old vineyard in the Marananga and the other from the Seppeltsfield region just up the road in the Barossa Valley. Both vineyards were severely pruned and as a result of this and minimal water they produced just one and a half one to the acre. The grapes were all hand picked and a small selection from the most western edge of the Shiraz block and a small selection from the dead centre of the Cabernet block were isolated by the winemaker and vigneron as they had such outstanding quality. The grapes were transported to the winery in the early hours of the morning to avoid the summer heat where they were again sorted then de-stemmed and crushed before being co-fermented in large wooden vats after extreme cold maceration. The wine had their malolactic in new French oak, and is thereafter in the same oak although a small parcel went into new French barrels for aging. The best barrels were then selected after 24 months in oak to be used in the final blend and bottled with minimal filtration.
Allow wine to open up if opening and consuming now, alternatively it will last for at least another 10 years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Shiraz Cabernet|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 10 yrs|
- y_2019, m_4, d_23, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_10
- loc_en_AU, sid_111173, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 210.22ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT