Anciano Gran Reserva Tempranillo Aged 7 Years 2010
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3 out of 5 stars.
- AGED 7 YEARS IN THE CELLARS OF BOGEDAS NAVALON
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES RATED 90+ POINTS BY ROBERT PARKER
- LIMITED RELEASE HAND PICKED SPANISH TEMPRANILLO
- SOURCED FROM 30 YEAR OLD VINES
An intense red shading to tawny at the rim. A range of different characteristics can be identified on the nose – black cherry fruit, balsamic, leather, tobacco and vanilla oak. Medium to full bodied with real finesse, concentrated red fruit flavours, mellow tannins and a smooth finish.
Tempranillo grapes were hand picked from 30 year-old vines in stony vineyards – Valdepeñas means “valley of stones” – in late August/early September. The soils are clayey lime and there is a chalky layer which retains water to refresh the vines. Altitude helps moderate summer heat, as the climate in Valdepeñas is classic continental, with cold winters and long hot, dry summers.
Fermentation was at controlled temperatures (25-28º C) in stainless steel tanks for 8-10 days. The wine was then matured for at least eighteen months in oak barriques with varying toasting levels. 2010 has been rated “Very Good” by the Valdepeñas DO. Generally, the climate and therefore grape harvest, is remarkably consistent in this part of Spain.
Valdepenas DO, Spain
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2021, m_2, d_26, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113650, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 215.68ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT