Anciano Crianza Tempranillo Aged 3 Years 2015
90 POINT RATED SAM KIM HANDPICKED SPANISH TEMPRANILLO AGED 3 YEARS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- 90 POINT RATED SAM KIM WINE ORBIT
- LIMITED RELEASE HAND PICKED SPANISH TEMPRANILLO
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- AGED 3 YEARS PRIOR TO RELEASE
A bright cherry red wine that is brimming with intense aromas of berry fruits enhanced by balsamic hints, vanilla and spice. Smooth and rounded on the palate, with concentrated cherry, strawberry and redcurrant fruit flavours and a long, velvety finish.
90 Points - Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"Fabulously fruited and brightly expressed, the bouquet shows Black Doris plum, sweet raspberry, mixed spice and almond characters, leading to a flavoursome palate that is succulent and supple. It is up front and delectable with plenty of tasty flavours, finishing firm and pleasingly dry."
Tempranillo grapes were hand picked from 30 year-old vines in stony vineyards – Valdepeñas means “valley of stones” – in late August/early September. The soils are clayey lime and there is a chalky layer which retains water to refresh the vines. Altitude helps moderate summer heat, as the climate in Valdepeñas is classic continental, with cold winters and long hot, dry summers.
Fermentation was at controlled temperatures (below 28º C) in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then matured for at least six months in oak barriques with varying toasting levels. The 2015 has been rated “Excellent” by the Valdepeñas DO. Generally, the climate and therefore grape harvest, is remarkably consistent in this part of Spain.
Valdepenas DO, Spain
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2021, m_4, d_13, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113648, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 256.06ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT