Alkoomi White Label Frankland River Shiraz 2016
TROPHY WINNER GREAT AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ CHALLENGE BEST WESTERN AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- TROPHY WINNER BEST WESTERN AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ CHALLENGE
- OUTPOINTED BIRD IN HAND MAC VALUED AT $350 A BOTTLE
- HIGHLY RATED BY JAMES HALLIDAY & HUON HOOKE
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY WINE COMPANION
Vibrant crimson with magenta hues. Flavours of black cherries, chocolate and vanilla with layers of pepper and spice, typical of Frankland River Shiraz.
Highly rated, James halliday Wine Companion
Estate-grown. Modest colour; light to medium-bodied, with a mix of spice and mint overtones to the black cherry fruit. Pleasant wine.
With receiving the Gold Medal at The Great Australian Shiraz Challenge 2017, the Alkoomi White Label Shiraz outclassed the following,
Bird in Hand MAC Shiraz 2013 ($350)
Wolf Blass Platinum Shiraz 2012 ($200)
Saltram Journal Shiraz 2015 ($170)
Dandelion Vineyards Red Queen of the Eden Valley Shiraz 2015 ($100)
Castagna 2005 Genesis Syrah 2005 ($95)
Great Australian Shiraz Challenge Best Western Australian Shiraz
The Great Australian Shiraz Challenge 2017
International Wine Challenge 2018
This wine was made with Frankland River fruit from several blocks, picked at optimal ripeness to give depth of flavour. Harvested in the early hours of the morning, the fruit was cold soaked prior to fermentation and then matured for 9 months in French oak to build complexity.
A dry Winter and fleeting Spring was followed by a warm growing season with welcome rainfall in December and January leading to full, healthy canopies enabling excellent yields and great flavour.
Frankland, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||drink now or for the next 5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 244.31ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;