Alkoomi Black Label Frankland River Shiraz 2018
96 POINT RATED & SPECIAL VALUE JAMES HALLIDAY FRANKLAND RIVER SHIRAZ FROM ALKOOMI
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 96 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- "GREAT VINTAGE, TOP CLASS WINE" JAMES HALLIDAY
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST REMOTE WINERIES IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Vibrant deep crimson with magenta hues. Lifted aromas of violets, black cherries and peppery spices. Blackberries, cherries and red fruits on the medium bodied palate with layers of sugary tannins interwoven with pepper and a juicy bright freshness.
96 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"Matured in French oak (20% new) for 12 months. Savoury spice and licorice aromas build a framework for the full-bodied blackberry/black cherry fruit at the centre of the wine, tannins joining in on the finish. Great vintage, top class wine."
There are 6 small parcels of Shiraz of estate grown fruit which ripen at different times due to their varied location.When the Viognier fruit is ripe, we were able to harvest on the same day as the Shiraz in block 17. We pressed off some free run Viognier and then returned the skins to co-ferment with the Shiraz.The final wine, which is 3% Viognier, undergoes 12 months of maturation in French oak before bottling. Excellent growing conditions during spring led to healthy canopies and set the vineyard up beautifully for the rest of the season.A mild, yet very dry ripening season resulted in pristine fruit quality with an abundance of flavour intensity.
Frankland River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the next 5 to 8 years|
- y_2020, m_10, d_29, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113732, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 278.17ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT