1838 Reserve Shiraz 2021
93 POINT & GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE OUR BEST SELLING WINE 1838 RESERVE SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE AWARD WINNER MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- NO FURTHER PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNTS APPLY
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
Purple to crimson red around the edge. A fruit bomb in its infancy the nose exhibits dark fruit flavours of freshly cut plum and some blueberry while mocha, chocolate, licorice and subtle oak ensure a highly aromatic and voluptuous nose. The palate is quite velvety in texture, with amazing fruit concentration in its youth featuring plum, chocolate, licorice with a touch of spice, perfectly interwoven oak and the perfect level of fine grainy tannin give line and length.
93 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Attractive savoury liquorice nose. Nice oaky palate underpinned with a good concentration of sweet varietal fruit. Has plenty of weight and length."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Fruit was sourced from several well-known growers in South Australia from what was another great vintage in terms of quality although yields were down across the region. The different sites allowed us to pick the fruit over a extended period allowing each vineyard to develop differing characters to compliment each other and also allowed us at the winery to treat the parcels individually in small ferments with longer than usual skin contact, which is always ideal. The result is an outstanding wine with obvious time and care taken with it throughout the vinification process. This wine was fermented warm and received pump overs on a daily basis during fermentation. Aged in primarily old 2-3 year old oak to add another level of complexity without over powering the fruit.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 4+ years|
- y_2022, m_10, d_4, h_21
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_40
- loc_en_AU, sid_115830, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 232.73ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT