101 Margaret River Shiraz 2016
FAILED EXPORT ORDER TO USA ESTATE GROWN MARGARET RIVER SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- FAILED EXPORT ORDER DESTINED FOR THE USA
- BELOW COST PRICE SAVE $336 A DOZEN
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES RATED UP TO 94 POINTS HALLIDAY
- SINGLE VINEYARD ESTATE GROWN MARGARET RIVER SHIRAZ
- PRODUCED BY WINEMAKING LEGEND BRIAN FLETCHER
Bright spicy Shiraz aromas of white pepper and blackberry. The palate is medium bodied with a vibrant spicy lift and nicely resolved tannins to finish. A year in Margaret River for fine rich balanced reds, quite fleshy and with approachable tannins. A warm stretch during the growing season finished reds off with generous forward fruit and soft appealing structures.
The fruit for this wine was sourced from the Calneggia Family Vineyards Estate Vineyard in the northern part of the Margaret River wine region. Fermented for seven days on skins, pressed and run off to oak, the wine was matured for twelve months prior to release.
Margaret River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for mid term|
- y_2019, m_3, d_22, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.11
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_6
- loc_en_AU, sid_109887, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 3.78ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT