Nocton Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir 2019
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- HIGHLY RATED RALPH KYTE-POWELL THE REAL REVIEW
- NEW VINTAGE TASMANIAN PINOT NOIR FROM COAL VALLEY REGION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- VINEYARD SUPPLIES GIANT STEPS PINOT NOIR VALUED AT $75 A BOTTLE
Vibrant Ruby colour. Ripe red cherries and plum notes with lifted spice. Intense fruit characters of cherry, plum and ripe red berries, lingering savoury and spice characters, with ripe fine tannins giving this wine lovely length.
"Surprisingly deep purplish colour heralds a wine that's bolder and more dry-reddish than pinot noir-elegant. It smells a bit merlot-like actually, all crushed raspberries, plums, soft leafiness and spice. In the mouth, it's medium in body, plump and smooth, with ripe flavours and fine-grained tannins in harmony"
Nocton Vineyard was established in Tasmania's Coal Valley in 1999 (Domaine A's Peter Althus provided early consultancy services), largely to supply the growing market for premium pinot noir into China. The property was originally part of the Carrington Plains estate (c1814), owned by a succession of early Governors of Van Diemans Land.
This is classic Coal Valley Pinot Noir. While the majority of this vintage was cool-tank fermented to preserve its bright and youthful fruit flavors, 15% was matured in old wood, enhancing the wine’s savoury notes.
Coal River, Tasmania
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or celler mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 245.41ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;