Icon Trophy Winning Winemakers Coonawarra Shiraz 2013 Cleanskin
ICONIC TROPHY WINNING WINEMAKERS MUSEUM RELEASE CLEANSKIN SAVE $398 A DOZEN
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- BELOW COST PRICE CLEARANCE MUSEUM COONAWARRA SHIRAZ
- SAVE $396 A DOZEN OFF ULTA PREMIUM MUSEUM RELEASE
- LIMITED RELEASE FROM TROPHY WINNING WINEMAKERS PRIVATE CELLAR
- MATURED IN OAK FOR 22 MONTHS
Deep crimson red. Wonderfully aromatic quite intense initially on the nose with blackberry, sweet plum and a hint of pepper. The palate is quite powerful but has a velvety smooth texture in large part due to the purity of fruit which works within the framework of oak. Blackberry, fresh cut plum and some pretty violet notes are all evident while the firm tannins give the wine a persistent finish which goes on and on.
Fruit was sourced from our finest section of Shiraz from a single outstanding vineyard on the famed terra rossa. The 2013 vintage was excellent with warm dry summer followed by cool autumn temperatures which are perfect conditions for red wines from Coonawarra in particular. A quick flowering period with warm temperatures enables a great fruit set which gave us dark coloured wine with outstanding fruit concentration and acid structure. Fermentation was in open top fermenters with some barrel fermentation also employed. Matured in a mixture of new and second fill French oak for 22 months.
Coonawarra, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drinking perfectly now and for the next 5-10 years|
- y_2022, m_5, d_16, h_21
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.27
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_13
- loc_en_AU, sid_114134, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 210.82ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT