Grigori McLaren Vale Shiraz 2016 24x187ml Bottles
GOLD MEDAL WINNER SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL WINE SHOW & HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.75 out of 5 stars.
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL WINE SHOW
- HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- INTERNATIONAL MULTIPLE AWARD WINNER
- RESERVE MCLAREN VALE 24x187ML BOTTLE CLEARANCE
- $60 A CASE OR $2.50 PER BOTTLE LIMITED STOCK
Deep red with purple hues. The nose offers a complex bouquet of primary fruit including blackcurrent and toasty coconut, as well as, notes of clove and liquorice, sweet spices. The palate consists of velvety tannins and sweet blackberry juiciness. The toasty flavours of coconut and clove bring together this premium McLaren Vale Shiraz. Rich and savoury.
James Halliday Wine Companion
"Matured in new and used French oak, and won a gold medal at the Sydney International Wine Show '18, is the extent of the info available. It's a neatly balanced and structured shiraz displaying its regional birthright with clarity."
Sydney International Wine Show
USA Wine Ratings
NZ Boutique Wine Show
International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC)
The fruit for this wine was harvested from the D’Aloia vineyards with careful row selection yielding the best possible parcels for use in this blend. The fruit was harvested within the range of 14.5 to 15.0 Baume, once it had developed a full intensity and complexity of flavours, embodied by a full rounded tannic structure, important for mouthfeel and long, complex flavours on the finish. The grapes were crushed and fermented on skins under controlled temperatures for extraction of deep colour, fruit flavours and to produce a rich full bodied structure. The fermenting wine was drained and gently pressed from skins once dry. The wine was stored under controlled temperature conditions to preserve fresh fruit characters. Free run wine was used in preference to the pressing fraction to avoid any harshness and to maintain the clarity of the fruit character.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
- y_2021, m_6, d_23, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.17
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_114303, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.5ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT