Penfolds Grandfather Rare Tawny
97 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY & 96 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE LIMITED RELEASE RARE TAWNY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 97 POINT RATED BY JAMES HALLIDAY
- 96 POINT RATED BY HUON HOOKE
- MULTI INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE ON PENFOLDS GRANDFATHER TAWNY
Deep tawny with a distinctive yellow-green edge characteristic of extended wood maturation. Classical Penfolds fruitcake, liquorice and vanillin oak flavours with a sweet full and round mid-palate, and a finish that persists on and on.
Perth Royal Wine Awards 2021
Sydney Royal Wine Show 2018
Rutherglen Wine Show 2018
International Wine Challenge
With each vintage, varietal batches are selected for Grandfather. These batches are individually aged in seasoned old oak casks before being blended together at 14 years of age. This blend is then introduced into the ‘Grandfather Solera’. This Solera consists of six stages that are designed to fully integrate all components offering consistency and freshness with a final minimum average blended age of 20 years.
Beautifully presented in an exquisite gift box featuring a Penfolds stopper and certificate of authenticity, Grandfather Rare Tawny is a highly coveted gift for life’s special milestones.
As Grandfather is matured utilising a Solera system all vintages introduced into the system are retained forever. This system of maturation ensures freshness, consistency of quality and style is sustained over the decades. The Solera currently contains vintages from 1960 to 2004. Including some 44 individual vintages in the Solera is testament to the complexity and age yet also highlights the importance of freshness and fruit.
|Bottle Top:||Foil over Cork|
- y_2022, m_12, d_5, h_21
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113074, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 236.66ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT