Gaelic Cemetery Vineyard Clare Valley Cabernet Malbec 2015
94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY MUSEUM RELEASE CLARE VALLEY CABERNET MALBEC BLEND
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY
- MUSEUM STOCK EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE
- SMALL BATCH CLARE VALLEY CABERNET MALBEC BLEND
This wine displays intense blackcurrant / mulberry fruit aromas along with some mocha and chocolate notes. Quite concentrated on the palate, but manages to retain a degree of elegance that we expect to see in Cabernet based wines. It will take decade or so to reveal its undoubted potential.
94 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"This is heavy on the pyrazines and for those who like cabernet (and malbec) with plenty of capsicum and freshly mown grass upon entry. The mid-palate, conversely, is a sheen of darker fruit references, smooth and voluptuous on the surface, tight of grain and authority upon further inspection, especially with air in the glass. The equation is brushed with sage and flecked with the Clare's calling card of bitter chocolate and mint. The finish is long, and augurs well for future softening."
Cabernet and Malbec have long been great blending partners in the Clare Valley with many fine examples being produced over the years. Deep red colour as is the norm with the red wines from the Gaelic Cemetery Vineyard.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Merlot|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for next 5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.29ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;