Bendigo Shiraz 2008 Cleanskin
93 POINT MUSEUM RELEASE 2008 SHIRAZ, SOURCED FROM PRODUCER OF 96 POINT WINES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 2.43 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED JEREMY OLIVER
- 91 POINTS RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- RANKED 4TH BEST "2008 RED BLEND FROM AUSTRALIA" THE REAL REVIEW
- CURRENT VINTAGE RELEASE 96 POINTS HALLIDAY
Intense red, carmine and medium limpidity. Very good intensity, mostly showing dark fruits(cassis liqueur, plum, black olive), followed by floral, (iris, violet), spicy (cinnamon, pepper) notes. after aeration the slight reductive character disappears to leave space to more fruit (apricot, fresh almond), some animal nuances and more spice. The intensity is as high as the diversity of aromas.
93 Points Jeremy Oliver, Wine Annual
An earthy, rustic shiraz whose dusty, spicy and meaty bouquet of small red and black berries, dark plums and gentle oak revels subtle nuances of graphite and mineral plus a faint herbal note. Full to medium-bodied it’s slow to emerge from the glass, unfolding spicy layers of blackberries, mulberries, dark plums and dark chocolate framed by firm, powdery tannins. It finishes long and earthy, a vivacious core of flavour and a soft acidity.
91 Points James Halliday Wine Companion
Deep purple-red; has much in common with the Rams Horn Block; while still built around savoury black fruits, is a little more fleshy.
This elegant Shiraz is typical of the terroir-driven wines made by this producer. Matured in French oak barriques for 18 months.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 5+|
- y_2019, m_4, d_20, h_24
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_109583, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 243.57ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT