Normans Holbrooks Road Merlot 2022
94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING SOUTH AUSTRALIAN MERLOT
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA
- PRODUCED BY NORMANS WINES ESTABLISHED 1853
Vibrant crimson and magenta hue. Freshly cut plum and blackberry aromas, with hints of brooding dark chocolate and mint. Beautifully soft, fruit driven which is round and succulent. There is sweet plum and blackberry fruit with a full, rich texture and velvet like tannins with a hint of exotic spices.
94 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Lovely spicy notes on the nose. Sweet and fruity in the mouth, with drying tannins and nice oak."
Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"Gentle and medium-bodied, the wine shows ripe berry, dried herb and subtle spice notes on the nose, followed by a finely textured palate that's juicy and supple, offering friendly drinking. At its best: now to 2026. $15.00."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
The fruit was picked in the cool of night then fermented on skins in static potters and rotary fermenters for a period of seven days to retain as much of the luscious natural fruit flavour as possible. Warm temperatures at the early stages of fermentation along with three days of post ferment maceration helped develop soft fleshy fruit and tannins while helping build structure. Following the pressing process, clarification and final blending the fruit was matured with select parcels having oak maturation. Great to drink now, but will mature and develop complexity over the short to medium term.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or will develop over short to mid term|
- y_2023, m_12, d_2, h_8
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.37
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_116827, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 243.32ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT