Handpicked Wines Versions Adelaide Plains Pinot Gris 2016
5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED PRODUCERS - WINE PROTECTION PROGRAM - $4.99 PINOT GRIS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.33 out of 5 stars.
5 RED STAR WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- EXPORT STOCK CLEARANCE FROM ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S BEST WINEMAKERS
- PINOT GRIS THAT AT $15 TICKS ALL THE BOXES - PATRICK ECKEL
- PRODUCER OF 8 MAJOR WINE SHOW TROPHIES IN LAST YEAR
- JAMES HALLIDAY HAS AWARDED THIS WINERY 2 X 97 POINT & 13 X 96 POINT RATINGS
Palest lemon colour, quite typical for cooler climate Pinot Gris. Aromas of green pear and lemon with hints of lifted orange blossom. A fresh palate with good acidity, a crisp fresh light style, ideal for sipping on a long hot summer afternoon underneath a shady tree.
Highly Rated, Patrick Eckel
A very light yellow in the glass with the nose giving varietal candied pear and apple, the wine is medium bodied with a considered citrus flare that's amply supported nashi pear with a drying grapefruit like texture to finish. A well made, varietal and fresh Pinot Gris that at $15 ticks all the boxes.
Warm conditions through the season led to a very early harvest, the earliest on record in some regions. Yields were generally good, despite low rainfall. White varieties benefited from early picking to retain good natural acid.This wine is made to capture bright fruit flavours and to drink while young and fresh.
Adelaide Plains, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Gris|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- y_2020, m_5, d_27, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_112764, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 288.8ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT