The Springs Waipara Pinot Gris 2020
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED SAM KIM
- 5 STAR RATED WINE ORBIT
- SOURCED FROM WAIPARA REGION IN NEW ZEALAND
- UNBEATABLE VALUE FOR MONEY COOL CLIMATE PINOT GRIS
The Pinot Gris is a rollercoaster of tropical fruits (think pineapple, mango and pear) and lingering gingerbread spice. It does have a hint of residual sugar, but the acid balances it out well – buy a case now and get ready for summer!
93 Point & 5 Star Rated - Sam Kim Wine Orbit
"Beautifully ripe and charming, the wine shows apricot, fresh pear, lemon peel and floral aromas on the nose. It's equally attractive on the palate, offering terrific fruit purity and intensity combined with silky texture and refreshing acidity, making it gorgeously drinkable."
Vineyards at Waipara Springs were planted in the early 1980’s and the vines are some of the oldest in the region. Chardonnay was first, followed by a short list of aromats – Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewurztraminer, as well as Pinot Noir and Merlot. ‘The Springs’ range is all about bold, fresh fruit, typical of the region and made to drink young.
Waipara, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Gris|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- y_2021, m_9, d_20, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114084, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 10.48ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT