The Colonial Estate Exodus Barossa Valley Chardonnay 2018
SINGLE VINEYARD BAROSSA CHARD PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY AUSTRALIAN WINE OF YEAR
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.67 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE CHARDONNAY FROM THE COLONIAL ESTATE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY WINNER AUSTRALIAN WINE OF THE YEAR
- SINGLE VINEYARD BAROSSA VALLEY CHARDONNAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE GOLD & 93 POINT RATED
Bright green with pale straw edge. Wonderful purity is obvious initially on the nose with fruit driven aromas of melon, peach and a slight hint of nut. Lovely citrus flavours with an array of fruits including, peach, nectarine and melon developing into a secondary layer of flavours of fig, lees and a touch of oak provide a creamy touch. Tight and focused on the finish with great depth of flavour and a lovely touch of natural fruit acidity.
The 2018 vintage Chardonnay has come up extremely well and perhaps this vintage will go down as one of the Barossa’s finest. Grapes were harvested in individual batches to select only the finest quality fruit and minimize losses due to the small tonnes grown. The picking occurred in early March from a single vineyard located in the Barossa. The wine was crushed and fermented with 20% of the blend receiving oak fermentation with frequent lees stirring. The two parcels were blended together and bottled to retain fruit driven flavours.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the next 3-5 years|
- y_2019, m_4, d_20, h_24
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_110893, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 257.61ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT