Mt Hector Wairarapa Sauvignon Blanc 2017
GOLD MEDAL WINNING MT HECTOR WAIRARAPA NEW ZEALAND SAUVIGNON BLANC
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA BEST VALUE
- "UP FRONT & TASTY" SAM KIM
- HIGHLY RATED BY WINE SPECTATOR MAGAZINE IN THE USA
- MULTI GOLD MEDAL WINNING FAMILY OWNED WINERY
This refreshing, aromatic wine has wonderful aromas of fresh limes and ripe citrus, with a juicy gooseberry palate and lingering finish. Pair it with your favourite seafood and pasta dishes.
Sam Kim's Wine Orbit
Fresh and lively, the wine shows lifted aromas of grapefruit, green apple, nectarine and lemon zest on the nose, leading to a vibrant palate that is finely textured and attractively crisp. Up front and tasty with bright fruit flavours.
Wine Spectator Magazine
China Wine And Spirit Awards Best Value 2018
The fruit for this wine was grown in four Wairarapa vineyards, each with differing soils. One is stony loams, from which this wine is predominantly produced, while the others are a mixture of silt loams and hillside clays. This variety provides different flavour profiles, which helps us to increase the complexity of the finished wine. These vines are relatively young, and are cropped at low yield levels to give intensely flavoured grapes.
The focus in the winery is to capture the pure fruit flavours that come from the vineyard, whilst adding complexity through our winemaking efforts to produce a multi-dimensional wine. This is achieved by tank fermenting the juice using yeasts that are able to ferment at low temperatures – preserving the essential fruit flavours.
Wairarapa, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or Cellar short term|
- y_2019, m_8, d_17, h_7
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_6
- loc_en_AU, sid_110887, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 238.02ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT