Mount Langi Ghiran Cliff Edge Riesling 2019
92 POINT RATED SPECIAL VALUE BUY JAMES HALLIDAY MOUNT LANGI CLIFF EDGE RIESLING
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 92 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- HIGHLY RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- COOL CLIMATE GRAMPIANS RIESLING FROM ICONIC MOUNT LANGI
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Pale straw. White flowers and spices, layered with citrus, stone fruits and lime pith. Stone fruits, dried citrus peel and spices. A naturally high acidity provides length, texture and persistence of flavour.
92 Point Rated & Special Value Buy - James Halliday Wine Companion
"From vines planted '76, 30% hand-picked, 70% machine-harvested, a long, cool fermentation. Just a (deliberate) touch of residual sugar."
Huon Hooke - The Real Review
"Light straw-yellow colour. Savoury and subdued on the nose; lightly-toasty and a little earthy. It's a trifle flat on the palate, but a pleasant drink, dry and savoury if a little plain."
The 2019 Cliff Edge Riesling is sourced from two premium sites at Mount Langi Ghiran: the Langi Old Block Riesling
planted in 1975 and the Hollows vineyard planted in 2004 – a marginally warmer site on the northern slopes of Mount
Langi’s cool climate, together with granite sands and minimal irrigation delivers great purity and stunning natural acidity.
The Hollows fruit brings beautifully lifted floral and spice aromas with wonderful texture and generosity to the palate. The
two combine to create an intense and balanced Riesling with great cellaring potential.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 47.05ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;