McPherson La Vue Victorian Pinot Gris 2019
PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER AT VICTORIAN WINE SHOW
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE GOLD MEDAL AND 95 POINT RATED VICTORIAN WINE SHOW
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE AWARD WINNER ROYAL HOBART
- HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PRODUCED BY MCPHERSONS ESTABLISHED 1968
Sourced from premium grape growing regions in Victoria, this wine shows a slight blush colour due to the juice having extended contact with the skins. This has produced a complex, textural and slightly savoury Pinot Gris with aromatic nuances of pears, lychees and exotic spice. Hints of spicy pear and red apple appear on the palate.
The fruit for the La Vue Pinot Gris was sourced from the Goulburn Valley and the Victorian side of the Murray River. Warm sunny days and cool evening temperatures in the Goulburn Valley are perfect for the growing of good quality Pinot Gris and the blending of the different growing areas adds interesting complexity and layers to the wine. The wine was fermented in various parcels, with a small portion receiving light oak treatment, with extended lees contact to build structure yet retain good fruit balance. As Pinot Gris is naturally a red wine grape, we have allowed the wine to retain its natural colour during the winemaking process, resulting in a fuller bodied wine with a lovely aromatic profile.
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Gris|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 356.73ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;