Coopers Creek Kumeu Pinot Gris 2017
AWARD WINNING PINOT GRIS NZ WINE SHOW & BEST VALUE BUY WINESTATE MAGAZINE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.75 out of 5 stars.
- AWARD WINNER NEW ZEALAND WINE SHOW
- RECOMMENDED & BEST VALUE BUYS - WINESTATE MAGAZINE
- PLENTY OF BODY AND FLAVOUR - MICHAEL COOPERS BUYING GUIDE
- FAMILY OWNED TROPHY WINNING WINERY
Very pale in this youth, but we know from experience that New Zealand Pinot Gris will develop with age. Subtle, yet exotic. A melange of apple, pear, a touch of earthiness and a pinch of spice. Medium in body, with an exceptional balance between fruit sweetness and acidity. The finish is long, spicy and textural.
Recommended & Best Buys
Michael Cooper Buying Guide 2019
This West Auckland wine is less aromatic than southern pinot gris but offers plenty of body and flavours. Fleshy, it has fresh, generous stone fruit flavours, with hints of honey and spice, and a tight, dryish finish.
New Zealand Wine Show 2018
The 2017 wine is based almost entirely on our Huapai vineyard, with just 1% fruit from our Limeworks vineyard in Hawke's Bay. The fruit was hand harvested and whole bunch pressed. Tank fermentation followed and then the wine rested on its yeast lees for a period of time, before stabilising and bottling.
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Gris|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_111931, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 256.51ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT