Chain Of Ponds Pilot Block Adelaide Hills Chardonnay 2018
92 POINT RATED AWARD WINNING CHAIN OF PONDS ADELAIDE HILLS CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.13 out of 5 stars.
- 92 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- OAKED CREAMY STYLE CHARDONNAY FROM ADELAIDE HILLS
- PARTIALLY FERMENTED & AGED IN FRENCH OAK WITH EXTENDED LEES STIRRING
- TROPHY WINNING WINERY AT ADELAIDE HILLS WINE SHOW
- PRODUCER OF WINE RATED UP TO 98 POINTS HALLIDAY
Golden straw with a pale green hue. The nose shows lifted floral and citrus notes with integrated white peach and nectarine. Hints of savoury oak spice lifts the nose and gives complexity allure. On the palate there is ripe stone fruit characters, fresh nectarine with integrated fig and citrus notes. Savoury oak rounds out the palate with gentle textural tannins balancing the creamy soft finish from the lees contact. Well structured with balanced acidity, generous richness and great persistence.
92 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Harvested in the early hours of the morning by machine and destemmed without crushing to airbag press. The wine is then partially clarified before 25% being transferred to older French oak for ferment and the remaining 75% clarified and fermented in stainless steel. MLF was completed on the oak portion with the wine then left on lees for 6 months with lees stirring before been aged for another four months before being bottled.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Enjoy now or cellar for 5 years|
- y_2020, m_8, d_5, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_7
- loc_en_AU, sid_110874, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 259.96ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT