Berton Vineyards Foundstone Sauvignon Blanc 2019
INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNING SAUV BLANC BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE
- EQUATES TO $5.99 A BOTTLE
- PRODUCER OF WORLDS BEST VALUE WINE.COM
The Foundstone Sauvignon Blanc displays dominant aromas of freshly squeezed lime and grassy notes while underlying hints of crisp capsicum are also evident. The palate is soft with sweet lemon and lime flavours while hints of snow pea add a savoury aspect to the palate which flows into a long and crisp finish.
Double Gold Medal
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2019
In the vineyard a warm dry summer provided a clean and disease free vintage with great ripening conditions across all regions. Despite some hot days, extended heat waves didn’t play a role through the growing season with little berry shrivel occurrence in white varieties. No rain during harvest meant we were able to pick our whites at optimal baume and fruit ripeness.
The Sauvignon Blanc was harvested in the cool of the night, and crushed, destemmed, chilled and pressed immediately. The resultant juice from pressing is clarified before a slow fermentation at cool temperatures of 14 – 16C using a carefully selected yeast to optimise varietal expression. The cooler temperatures help to retain the fresh and light Sauvignon Blanc aromas and flavours. After fermentation the wine is filtered and blended for bottling as quickly as possible to maintain freshness.
South Eastern Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for short term|
- y_2020, m_6, d_2, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_9
- loc_en_AU, sid_111809, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.2ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT